Hydrate your skin
How to Hydrate your skin?
There is no worse thing for your skin than being parched, especially during the hot summer. Parched and dehydrates skin feels very uncomfortable and detrimental. If your throat is parched you can share it with cool water and fresh juices, but what about the parched skin? Skin is the biggest organ in the body and is mostly constituted of water. Though you make sure you drink 8-10 glasses of water daily. You can still suffer from skin dehydration. You can still suffer from skin dehydration . It could be due to many internal and external factors. Read more.
What drains your skin?
- Environmental conditions such as hot sun, cold winters, humidity and the wind can take its toll on your skin.
- Drinking too much of alcohol, coffee, smoking, tobacco etc can harm your skin.
- Your skin can also dehydrate because of declining hormones such as progesterone, estrogen and in males it could be because of the decrease in testosterone.
- The aggressive cleansing method and strong and hurtful chemicals in the beauty products affect your skin.
- Lack of adequate sleep too deprives your skin of its health and I takes a lot of times to regenerate.
- Just as the scorching heat is bad for your skin, so is the excessive cooling of the air conditioning. It makes the skin dry and dull.
- The skin regeneration takes place at night and when you sleep in a heavily air conditioned room, the moisture will be sucked up in the room and you will have skin devoid of moisture.
The skin will become rough and dry and you will have a tight feeling as it will lose its natural elasticity and causes itching. Sometimes the skin conditions worsens and you will find flaking, redness, thick ashy skin and in rare cases, bleeding too will occur. These signs indicate you have to immediately visit a doctor before the symptoms worsen.
For other simple dry skin reads these home remedies:
1. Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily. Carry a water bottle with you wherever you go and drink at regular intervals to keep yourself hydrated.
2. Eat fresh fruits and salads. They provide your skin essential nutrients and also keep you hydrated.
3. Use products that contain hyaluronic acid in your daily skin care regimen, especially in the morning.
4. If you live in a hot place and cannot sleep with an air conditioner, then use a humidifier along with air conditioner, to retain the moisture in the home. Fill a bowl of water and place it in your bedroom if you do not have a humidifier.
5. Do not consume foods that are high in sodium such as chips, packaged processed foods, canned foods, processed meat and other frozen stuff.
6. Drink water before and after exercising at the gym to prevent dehydration, especially when you exercise in the outdoors.
7. Do not use strong facial cleansers, substitute them with gentle face soaps made of natural products.
8. Moisturize your skin well with products made of ingredients such as cocoa butter, Shea butter etc.
9. You have to exfoliate your skin daily to remove the dead skin cells and have a smooth and glowing skin.
10. Consume vitamin C rich fruits and vegetables.